Thursday, July 17, 2008

TROUBLED TIMES

This morning, Steve and his female were pouring over the newspaper with furrowed brows and saying words such as "the economy," "inflation," "recession," "high gas prices," "foreclosures," "Fannie Mae" and "Freddie Mac." I don't really know what any of this means, and the only "Mac" I'm familiar with is Big Mac (and maybe Bernie Mac), but it seems like humans these days are pretty nervous about all things involving those dirty green papers with pictures of former government employees.

Now right about here you’re probably thinking, “Geez, Quasi, this all sounds pretty scary. What can I do to help my human through these troubled times?” Well, fellow cat, probably the best thing you can do is provide your human with comfort and solace (as only a kitty can). Just make sure they don’t try to save money by skimping on your food. And even more important, don’t let them deny you your copy of The World Is Your Litter Box, which is priced at the ridiculously low, recession-friendly price of $9.95. (Yes, desperate times call for desperately-cheap plugs for my book!).

And don’t forget… as FDR said during the Great Depression, “We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and maybe large, mean dogs.”

5 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Yup!! The beans are getting all worried about what will happen!
I do not care as long as I have my cozy snoozy spot and my stinky goodness & kibble :) om can cut back on her goodies! heh,heh,heh
Purrs Mickey

Gattina said...

My cats have furrowed brows too and for the same reasons only the $ sign had to be replaced by € !

Daisy said...

These are very troubled and scairty times! I hope things will get better soon.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Quasi - in answer to your question about our litterbox- we have a Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System. They are about $30 and can be found at pet stores. They have pellets instead of litter that clings to the poos. and in the bottom there is a pad that absorbs the pee. They are much less stinky than regular boxes and much easier to clean. We recommend them highly.

Fred said...

My cats loved the book!