Ahhh… spring is in the air. The weather is warming up, the days are getting longer, baseball is back, baby animals are being born… and IT’S SHEDDING SEASON! Yes, for us cats, it’s time to blow off our winter coats and shake off the doldrums of winter.
Shedding has some very pleasant benefits, not the least of which is the joy of getting cat hair all over everything in your home and getting extra-long spa treatment-type brushings from your human. Unfortunately, because we cats have a prediction for cleaning ourselves several times a day, a lot of loose fur ends up in our throats and tummies and becomes – yes, that’s right – hairballs. And as we all know, hairball time is kack-up time. So, as a public service to all my fellow felines, here’s a list of 20 good places to throw up, excerpted from The World Is Your Litter Box….
1. In your human's shoes (preferably Louboutins or Guccis).
2 On the keyboard of your human's computer
3. On the remote control for the TV.
4. On a comb or a hairbrush.
5. On the couch.
6. On a priceless Oriental rug.
7. On your human's iPod.
8. Over a floor heater (preferably when it's on).
9. In the toaster
10. On an open waffle iron.
11. On the hated vacuum cleaner (while it's standing idle, of course).
12. On your human's copy of the Magna Carta.
13. On the bed (or better yet, under the covers).
14. On one or both of the pillows.
15. On a pile of clean, neatly-folded clothes (my personal favorite!).
16. On the food buffet table during a party.
17. On your human's phone (preferably in the little impossible-to-clean mouthpiece holes).
18. On the kitchen floor (from the top of the refrigerator... talk about a Jackson Pollock art happening!).
19. On your human's rare copy of Elvis Presley's "Good Rockin' Tonight" on Sun Records.
20. In your food bowl (if you don't like the food and want it replaced... works every time).