Friday, October 23, 2009

THE BACK-HOME-AGAIN DAMAGE REPORT

Steve and his female FINALLY arrived back home from their visit to Savannah GA and Charleston SC. Even though they were only gone six days, it felt like a lot longer. Of course, of those six days, I spent approximately 120 hours asleep, so mostly, I only missed them in my dreams. And, as usual, I was able to con my pet sitter into giving me an overabundance of kitty treats. Still, when humans leave cats alone, they MUST pay, and Steve and his female are no exception. Here’s the teach-them-a-lesson-for-leaving-me damage report:

  • 45 minutes of serious kitty scorn (I tried for an hour, but I couldn’t hold out any longer)
  • 1 unraveled and finely-shredded roll of toilet paper
  • “Accident” outside litter box
  • Demolition of the female’s favorite houseplant
  • 1 kacked-up hairball on coffee table, with fallout spatter on the DVD remote
  • All Tivo’d shows deleted and replaced with programming from Animal Planet
  • Uber-shredding on the arm of the couch
  • All books pushed out of the bookcase and onto the floor (except The World Is Your Litter Box)
  • Overwhelming smell of cat throughout the house
  • Cat hair on everything

And one final thing… Steve and the female said they only saw two kitties in Savannah and NONE in Charleston. I’m guessing that my fellow cats in the low country were sleeping off huge meals of kitty food and grits and were just too full and sated to go outside. Regardless, y’all, here’s a hearty shout out to every one of my kitty compadres in the South.

2 comments:

Gattina said...

Now they know it too, a cat has to take its revenge. Fortunately you didn't bring any mouse corpses into the house like little Rosie does !

Terry R said...

Quasi--sounds to me you should be very happy you don't live in the South. That thing about only seeing two kitties during your humans' visit there is just a little worrisome, don't you think?