Around this time each year, many humans make what are known as New Year’s resolutions. From what I can gather, these resolutions are changes humans plan to make in the new year, such as breaking a bad habit or starting a new project of some kind.
Although New Year’s resolutions are made with the best intentions, I’m aware that most humans break them, usually before the new year is more than one or two weeks old. With that in mind, here are my New Year’s resolutions for 2010…
- Stop begging for food while Steve and the female are eating
- Stop shredding the arm of the couch
- Stop leaving my cat toys scattered around the house
- Stop grabbing Steve’s arm when he gives me a tummy rub
- Stop smoking (just kidding!)
- Stop climbing up screen doors
- Stop singing operatic arias when Steve and the female are sleeping
- Stop abusing catnip
- Stop going up on the roof and pretending I can’t get down
- Stop coughing up hairballs on the TV remote
And like humans who make New Year’s resolutions, I vow to be VERY diligent in adhering to each one of these pledges (and if you believe that, I have some acreage on the moon I’d like to sell you). Meanwhile, I wish all creatures, cats, humans and otherwise, a happy new year and all the best in 2010!