Monday, April 27, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Here’s something you’ve never seen on my blog before… yes, that’s right, a post about a DOG! No, I haven’t lost my kitty mind or become soft on doggie-ism. However, in the spirit of bipartisanship, I want to send a big meow out to the Obamas’ new puppy, which Sasha and Malia named Bo.
As you may already know, Bo is a Portuguese water dog, which means that his breed is trained to jump into the water and retrieve things… something a cat would NEVER do, obviously. Originally, President Obama intended to get a rescue dog, but the girls wanted a Portuguese water dog and pups of this breed are rarely available as rescues. So, the Obamas accepted Bo as a gift from Senator Ted Kennedy and will, instead, make a generous donation to the District of Columbia Humane Society.
Now, since Bo is just a puppy, and since all dogs tend to be rubes regardless of their stature, I’d like to offer him some tips from the feline perspective…
- Don’t bite the president
- Don’t lift a leg on the corner of the desk in the Oval Office
- Don’t get doggie hair on important diplomats
- Don’t eat Sasha and Malia’s homework
- Don’t beg at state dinners
- Don’t growl at Secret Service dudes
- Don’t track mud in from the Rose Garden
- And for God’s sake, DON’T hump the legs of female world leaders
That being said, Bo, I wish you a long and happy life as “first dog.” And the next time I’m in Washington, to show you what a good sport I really am, I’ll let you chase me under the bed in the Lincoln bedroom.